Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Layout and a card...I've been busy!

I did another layout for the croppy cat challenge over at ScrapAttack Scrapbooking...for the life of me...I can't remember who did this layout and now can't post to the challenge, but I wanted to post it here.  I have started to save the pages I am lifting by user name so when I submit to the challenge I know where they came from.  Good idea huh?  Maybe a little late...lol

So here's my page

Isn't he a cutie?  Well, I found this little guy running in the road and already having 4 dogs...I really didn't need another.  A car passed by me and they stopped, but when they saw me slow down as well...I guess they left it up to me to pick him up.  He was so tiny and was skinny.  I took him home with me and he stayed since then.  He's a much bigger boy now and I hope he stops growing soon!  Still very much a puppy though. 

I used Basic Grey June bug stickers.  Those are the flowery red shapes.  Most of this is straight from the original but with a few changes as I didn't have all the same products she used.  I used Tiny Type in Red by Cosmo Cricket.  I'm not sure what was used on the original, but they were much larger and placed on the photo. 

I used a paper stack I got a big lots as well by GCD Studios called Sunny Days.  I used this because I had to substitute the small circles.  The original had scalloped circles in a stripped pattern.  I was unable to find that.  The Big Lots stacks I found are a pretty good deal.  They have 24 pieces of double sided textured cardstock weight paper for $5.  So check out Big Lots to see what you can find. 

AND who would have thought that red polka dot paper would be so hard to find?  I'm not sure, but I had to use a different piece than the original.  Mine is red with a small white flower.  Also from the stack by GCD studios that I picked up at Big Lots.  I used Lilly Bee designs Hello Sunshine die cuts and blueberry pie 12X12 paper...the same as the original.  I went back to the site to search for the original, but I haven't found anything yet and I wanted to put this in the challenge so BAD!!!  I don't get to complete that many challenges...so this one is a kind of go at your own pace.  That works for me. 

I inked around the die cut and inked around the photo with Red ink.  The original did not have that touch.  I think the original was outlined in red glitter.  I also did misting like the original had, but I have to say...I am just no good at this misting technique.  I used smooch Cherry ice and it just came out in globs.  I had to pour this in to another bottle because the smooch tube it came in was clogged.  This bottle is now clogged as well and the spritz came out in clumps.  I'm not happy with the results I'm getting at all.  I have tried unclogging several different ways and not shaking but swirling the bottles.  Nothing has worked.  SIGH!!

The blue ribbon was also on the original but only the blue side showing as I recall on the right side of the photo.  I used the pretty side with the white flourishes all the way to both sides.

I absolutely love the Lilly Bee papers used on this layout and I can't wait to order some more to use on future projects.

Here's the card I just completed for my friends birthday

I used the Far East DCWV mat Stack and stamps from Hot off the Press.  I love these stamps!!  I distressed/stained around the edges with red ink and added black mulberry paper.  The red paper is embossed with a very asian looking design and is raised on pop up dots.  Then I used a Dazzle that you can find at Paper Wishes.  These are amazing stickers and you can use the positive and negative images with their transfer sheet.  I attached a asian coin to some fiber and that's about all for the front.  The stamped image is embossed as well. 

I haven't added the sentiment/poem to the inside yet.  Still waiting on the perfect thing.  I have til Thursday to find it...but here's what I did to the inside.

The stamps I used are from the same set by Hot off the Press.  I embossed them with black embossing powder then colored in the lanterns with an OLD Susan Branch marker I had laying around.  I was shocked it still worked!  It did nicely though.  I have been trying to talk myself in to getting some Copics...hmmm.  The branch is the same on the front so the stamp set matches the dazzles. 

Here's a couple closer looks

Thanks for checking out my newest projects!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Big Lots does surprise me with their goodies too! :)

    I love the design of your layout and the sweetness of your card! :)