Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tornados in Alabama

Hello Everyone...I'm not sure if most of you know, but I am a native and resident of Alabama.  We have recently had Tornadoes that have left a path of destruction from the bottom to top of our state.  My heart is broken for my state and I truly feel for the people that deal with this kind of weather all the time.  This is something new for us here in Alabama in the mountains where I live.  My community is small and I have to say that people around us have really stepped up and helped their neighbors.  I am so touched by the generosity of people.  My home was not damaged, but I have family who lost everything and family members and friends that were killed.  Please keep my family, the workers, volunteers and the whole state of Alabama in your thoughts.  It seems that all the small places are forgotten when something like this happens and just the larger cities get the coverage from the television cameras that in turn brings the assistance to those cities.  So, if you are someone out there that has offered help to the little small towns where everybody knows everybody....thank you from the bottom of my heart.  AND, thank you to the community that has impressed me so much and the churches and the young to old that have helped in whatever way they were able.  My thoughts go out to my neighbors in Georgia, Tennessee and Mississippi and the small towns there that may have been forgotten as well.  Remember...help your neighbors.  Treat them with kindness.  Tomorrow, the same storm may be in your back door. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss and the loss of your community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly Anne, I have you and your comunity in my thoughts. And i am so sorry to hear that you have lost family and friends. Whish i was able to come around and give a hand. Tomorow night we remember all the war victims, my daughter is asked to hold a speech and after the two minuts of silence we will be putting flowers down by the monument. I will remember all the loved ones and put a flower for those that you have lost as well. Big Hugs from the netherlands, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will pray for you and yours. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete