Monday, February 14, 2011

A Mini Album for my friend Kelly

Hey Ya'll!  I am so excited to share with you the mini album I just completed for my friend Kelly.  I've known her for years and she's very crafty, but she doesn't scrapbook.  She's not married and no kids like me and says what's the point...but, me...I scrap ANYWAY!  So, the theme of this album is her absolutely loveable doggie...Molly.  I used Pink and Black and just glittzed it out.  I'm so happy with the finished product and I gave it to her yesterday.  She loved it.


So this is the front cover above.  I got the crown charm from Joann Fabrics and I can't tell you how many times I did a redo on the front of this book.  It was the one part I couldn't get it to come together.  I also used a wood letter for the M from hobby lobby.  I got the white leaves from the bridal department and the clear and silver branches as well.  I used recollections rhinestones in the left bottom corner and a American Girl Crafts Dog punch on the bottom with some more recollections bling.  The silver piece by the M upper right is a chipboard piece by colorbok that I got at Target in a pack for $0.99.  I used Folk Art Black Metallic Acrylic paint to cover a cereal box.  That's what I created the front with.  Then covered with some Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.  Then I wired and glued the M to the cover.  There's also a transparency in the upper right corner for a photo to be added.  I secured it on the right with a paper clip and glued it in the bottom right corner under the tulle so the glue will be hidden.  I added a bone charm to the paper clip to finish it off.  So...that's the front...stay tuned in to my blog for the rest of the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment