Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What I've been up to...

So, I've been busy.  Crafting when I can.  I just finished a Configuration Box and I'll share that it detail whenever my Internet cooperates and I get the video uploaded. 

Here's another thing I'm working on...so just sharing my progress on this.

My favorite colors are Red, Black, White/Ivory/Cream and Silver.  I have decorated my craft room in these colors.  A while ago I altered my ATG stand.  The pink gun kinda stood out like a sore thumb so I decided to alter it as well.  IT is a WORK IN PROGRESS.  FOR SURE! 

Here's what I have so far.


I painted the back of the gun with acrylic paint.  Then I realized how easily this was gonna scratch off.  I ran over it with a black sharpie and it covered well.  Then I decided to seal it with acrylic spray on sealer.  This has worked well, but if you decide to do this, I don't think I'd recommend this method.  When I lay my gun down on the black side, it tends to take the shine off the sealer part.  If that makes sense!  If anyone has suggestions on how to alter your ATG without it scratching off so easily please post!!




Next...i added alcohol ink on the inside.  I went with Silver.  I thought if it covered better, I could recover the outside, but this scratched off as well.  Not as easily, but still scratched...So, I just did the silver on the inside then decided I'd cover the clear side with paper to Tie in the RED in my room.  :)  I added a piece of scrap paper from my stash and used some of the same black and cream paper that I used on my ATG Stand.  I'm not finished with it.  I even thought about adding some clear rubber stopper type things on the black side so when I lay it down it won't take the shine off.  I do have a stand, but I craft upstairs and downstairs a lot.  Maybe I need 2 stands!! 

Any suggestions from anyone please let me know!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment