Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wounded Warrior Project Minis

Hey Y'all!  Well, again, I'm so far behind in posting.  I think I get one project complete then 2 more get added to my list!  WHEW! 

So, if you have visited me before then you know how much of a supporter I am of our United States Military.  :)  I just completed these books for the Wounded Warrior Project.  This was started by Karen Petersen on the {scrap}beach.  I warn you to be careful where you send items to if you are trying to get something(cards, care packages etc) to a service member.  There have been lots of BAD addresses floating around out there and the items will just be thrown away.  There are several places you can send cards and I will list them below, but this was the first time I had ever been able to make a mini to send in.  I was so glad to get in contact with Karen for this project. 

I kept it pretty simple since these will be going to people who may not be crafters.  I went with a Holiday Theme and this was my first Christmas Mini.  I have to say it was a CHALLENGE not to make it so busy and chunky like my others!  I ALWAYS struggle with my covers on the minis.  This one...i'm still not that happy with, but I had to get these in the mail.  So, just had to put it down! 

Here's a photo of the front of the book.  I made basically 2 just a like(first time for me)


And here's the slide show of the inside.



Products used
Bo Bunny Father Christmas 6x6 Paper Pad
K&Co Christmas Tag Pad
Handmade Mulberry paper trees
Jolees Bells
Making Memories Glittered Brads
Glossy Accents
Acetate
Making Memories Gold Paint
Folk Art Christmas Green Metallic Paint
Harmonie Chipboard Reindeer
Prima Flowers
K&Co Star and Snowflake Embellishments
Recollections Bling
Christmas Red Stickles
Paper Studio Binder Rings
Tulle
Making Memories Lace
Making Memories Trim
Pearls
Pearl Teardrop Trim
Aunthentic Stamp Die Cuts
Recollections Pearl Flourishes
Recollections Buttons
Prima Flowers and Leaves
Rock Candy Distress Crackle
Matte Modge Podge
Garment Pins
Clear Beads
Snowflake die cuts
micro beads
Making Memories Red Glittered Trim(topped this with glossy accents)
Websters Pages Sparklers
Small Key Charm
Kanban Christmas Die cuts
Pleated trim


So, there's the list.  If you'd like to make cards for a service member or get involved in supporting them in anyway...please visit Operation Write Home or Soldiers Angels

You'd be surprised how much a small and inexpensive gesture can mean to a total stranger!!  You might even  make a friend and who can't use a friend?  :)

Thanks for visiting! 

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment