Thursday, December 15, 2011

Navy Dog Tag Mini

Hey Y'all!!  Keeping with the military theme...today I am sharing the mini that I have just completed for my uncle for Christmas.  He was in the United States Navy and very proud of his service.  I'm very proud of him too and greatful for his service.  So, I wanted to collect the pictures from his Navy days that I have and put them in this mini for him.  I really think he will enjoy it. 

I first saw a dog tag mini created by Regan (EmoraDesigns) on youtube.  Click HERE for a link to her video.  She cut her mini out using the Stand and Salute Cricut Cartridge...me however, I cut mine out by hand.  Didn't even think of using the cartridge until AFTER I cut it out by hand!!  woo!  My hand was hurting.  I also do not have the deep cut blade for the Cricut.  I cut out from chipboard, made my hole for the ball chain to slip through, painted the edges with blue folk art metallic paint, then I added my papers and embellishments.  This was a challenge for me to do this mini.  Not a WHOLE lot of embellishments you can use for Navy that I found.  I didn't wanna use the same things over and over in the book, but some stuff I did have to repeat.  I was lucky enough to find some of the Creative Imaginations Navy Themed paper line at a discount closeout store!!  I paid 10Cents a sheet!!  Can you believe it?  I was so glad to find it.  They did however only have 2 styles.  Navy emblem and Navy words, so I basically used these through out the book.  I also found the Jolee's Navy stickers.  I must say these are my favorite out of all the Jolees Military themed stickers.  So, a manly book...no bling or stickles or lace or flowers!!!  WOW!!  How does one do that?  Well, I'm very happy with the way it turned out and I hope you enjoy the slideshow and will leave a comment or suggestions.  I hope to have this completed for him by December 24 to give to him at our family gathering.  Just have to finish up the box!

Here's the Front Cover - Kept this pretty simple...no frilly touches. 


This page I have to give special credit to....


My friend Susie...visit her blog HERE ....suggested that I do a Shaker box like a Port hole....well, I didn't have any beads or microbeads, so I left this open to fill at a later date, or just to use as a frame.  If she hadn't given me the idea I would have been stuck on this page!  So, thank you Susie!!  You are the best.  :)

And here's the inside slide show:



Here's the supply list:

Navy colored cardstock
Navy Stickers from Jolees
Creative Imaginations Navy Signature Collection
Screw head brads by the Paper Studio
white puff paint
Gray pigment ink
White cardstock
White dimensional boosters from Jody(visit her store HERE)
Black Dimensional boosters from Jody(she has redline tape too!)
Modge Podge
Navy Bazzil Dots Paper
Star embossing folder by the Paper Studio
Rope trim from JoAnn
Twine
Blue Pigment Ink
Timeless Moments Navy Themed Stickers
Star Buttons
Anchor Buttons
Stand and Salute Cricut Cartridge
Chain
Star Brads
Acetate
Ball Chain
Creative Imaginations USN Themed Brads
Karen Foster Metal Tag Lines
Glossy Accents
K&Company Navy Theme Dimensional Stickers
Anchor Eyelets
Battleship Eyelets
Gray Cardstock
Navy Ribbon
Pioneer Metal Navy Emblem
EK Success Wave Edge Punch
Medium White Tags by the Paper Studio
Small Silver Eyelets
Star Shaped Paper Clip
White Round Velcro
Extra Large Eyelets(from the sewing section)

Thank you so much for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. WOW - OMG - WOW

    My jaw has officially hit the floor!! You never cease to amaze me!! Your work is outrageous and wonderful I am in serious awe!!! You took my idea and did better than I could ever have! HOLY MOLY you did a phenomenal job with this, I am now convinced there is NOTHING you can't craft!!!! Great job!!! Thank you for sharing and thanks for the plug! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! awesome mini! so much detail, love the tags and flip outs and the teeny tiny sailor suite - too cute!!

    ReplyDelete