Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Finally!! I got something together to post!

I've seen so many wonderful flower tutorials. Most are easy to follow and turn out a great result. So, why not share my own? This flower is really simple and you don't have to have very many tools to make it. I have a very young scrapper friend(12 years old) who's mom won't let her buy all the expensive scrapbook products. She asked me how she could make some pretty flowers with what she has. She's not too much in to stickers. This is what I came up with.

You will need:

scrap paper - anything you have
pencil
ink pad - if you like the distressed look
center for the flower - brads, bling, chipboard, button etc.
scissors
adhesive - which I left out of the photo! sorry
corner rounder or circle punch - also left out of the photo because you don't have to have this. It's just what I used to make mine.



You will see in the picture that there's a white cut out as well.  I drew this myself on a piece of scrap paper and this is what I'm using for my template.  I will add this to my blog later.  I'm sorry I forgot to add it for you!  It's a pretty simple shape.  I just drew it by  hand the first time in whatever size my little scrap buddy wanted. 

Using the template or your hand drawn shape trace around the cut out on the back of your scrap paper.  I did 4 pieces, but you can do more or less depending on how many layers you would like your flower to be.



Cut out the shapes.  You can stack them all together and cut at one time if you don't do too many layers.  It doesn't have to be perfectly even.



Now that you have all your layers cut out, crumple all the shapes. 


Unfold the cut outs and use the ink pad to distress. 




Stack the cut outs to form your flower.  If you are not adding a brad in the middle, you may want to add adhesive to the middles of the cut outs as you stack them. 


There you have your flower!  I am going to add a chipboard center to mine and use the corner rounder to shape the edges/tips of each "petal" but that is optional.  You can make this flower in different sizes and also, I think it would be wonderful in RED!  It looks like a poinsetta.  I will try to make one of these tonight and post it up for you tomorrow.  You can add stickles to this, some glimmer mist, bling, brads, buttons, leaves...anything you can think of to change the look up.  Hope you have enjoyed my first REAL post about anything on my blog.  I hope to be more active.  Thanks for looking. 


Here's my finished flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment