I am participating in another swap on Scrapbook.com. It's a matchbox swap. I wasn't really sure what I would do when I was asked to participate in the swap, but I'm always looking for something new to try so I decided to go for it.
The theme was music and I have to say...I've been very impressed by what the talented ladies in this swap have came up with! It could be general music or a theme such as Broadway, jazz...etc etc...I decided to keep it general and use one of my favorite quotes. I got this idea in my head pretty quickly...I just had to find the right items to make it look the way I pictured it. So, get ready for a lot of photos. I'm going to share them with you and if you have any questions...please feel free to ask. Your comments are appreciated.
Here's the box, the "drawer", the tag and flower I made as an extra. I painted the box with black acrylic paint. It was very sticky when I got done, so I coated it with some matte modge podge. I also used wooden feet on the bottom of the box and painted those black. The paper I used is from Basic Grey. The red bling is Forever in Time. The piano is from a collage sheet I purchased from B-Muse. I added some black lace, cream lace and black satin ribbon to the tag. The flowers are made from different items. The one on the top of the box is made from trim that I took apart and made in to a flower. I then cut out leaves from the collage sheet from B-Muse and added those. The other flowers on the box will be in the close up photos below.
On the piano...the text reads...When words fail...music speaks. I know it is very hard to see in the first photo, but I will add some more close ups below.
Here's a close up of the front of the tag. The flower on it is the same as the one on the top of the box. Just made out of some trim then red bling added to the center. Trim across the bottom and a charm added to the fibers/lace.
The flower is made from more trim and lace. I then added a button to the middle and attached a dangle/charm to the center with ribbon.
Here's a closer look at the front of the "drawer" I added a music clip to the front for the pull and it has a small charm on it. I struggled with this part of the box. I couldn't get it the way I wanted and after I had already punched a large hole in the box...I had to make it work. I think it came out ok. I added a large grommet from the sewing section and placed a button on the back side to hold the clip in the hole.
Here's a few more photos....
Here's the slide show...enjoy!!
Thanks for taking a peek! Have a wonderful weekend.