Monday, March 5, 2012

Altered Box for Susie & Page for Sally

Hey Y'all!!

I just finished an altered box for my best scrappy friend Susie.  :)  I finally got it to her so I can now post the pics and share with you.  :)

First I took a box that I purchased from Hobby Lobby. 



Then I measured the box and traced around the outside to cut paper to cover the sides and top.


Then I cut out what I had measured and traced. 


I then painted the box with a purple color that coordinated with my paper.  I painted the edges, the entire inside of the lid and box and bottom of the box.  I neglected to take photos of that part!  :)

Then I applied the papers after letting the box dry.  I used Glossy Modge Podge.  If you don't like the shiny look you might want to use Matte Modge Podge.  After I had it all modged podged and dried, I added some feet to the bottom.  I used tiny wooden spools for the feet and painted them gray.  Then, I embellished the top with all kinds of goodies! 

Here's the finished top of the box.


I have also made a slide show with some close ups of the top.  :)



Here's a list of the products I used.

Purple acrylic paint
Box from Hobby Lobby
Paper by the Paper Studio
ColorBok chipboard sticker
Recollections flowers
Recollections resin flowers
Micheal's Dollar Bin Bling
Purple Ribbon from Hobby Lobby
Ribbon roses
Baroque Die
Mini Baroque Die
Gray Acrylic Paint
Glossy Modge Podge
Dimensionals
Hot glue
Prima Flower

You will see in the video that I also did a friendship page for Sally

Here's the still photos of the page.

Back of page


Front of Page

Here's the products I used on this page:

DCWV Rockstar 8X8 stack
Making Memories Flowers
Prima Star vine
Red lace from my Granny's stash
Recollections Bling
8X8 Paddington Collection by 7 Gypsies
Tim Holtz Swivel Clasp
Black Card stock

I am thrilled with how both of these projects turned out!!  Thanks so much to both these great ladies from the scrappy community.  They are great scrappy friends.  :)

1 comment: