Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Friendship Page Swap for Susie

Hey Y'all!!  So, what have I been working on?  Another friendship page.  I actually had this one ALMOST done for a long time.  I found this paper that was PERFECT for Susie because she loves tie dye!  So, I snatched some up at Micheals and it was the start of my page for her.  I didn't wanna cover the paper because it's so sparkly and pretty.  It's bright and cheery!  Just like Susie.  I kept the embellishing to a minimum.  I feel so lucky to have met Susie so the quote I found fit her PERFECTLY!  She's a wonderful lady and a blessing to me. 

I took the 6x6 Chipboard and added the pretty papers on front and back.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the shape for the paper the quote is on.  It's just plain white textured cardstock.  I added a little dusty concord distress ink to tie in with the darker purple color on the paper.  I add dimensional boosters to the back of the quote then added my flowers, bling and a velvety butterfly! 

Here's a still shot of the front:


Then for the back, didn't wanna cover the paper again...so I added a piece of acetate on the bottom half to hold a tag.  Added a few more flowers in the corner..another butterfly and some trim across the bottom.  That was it!  The tag I used is plain white tag by the paper studio.  I stamped it with a butterfly stamp, colored a little and stickled of course!!  I plan to add a photo in the corner. 

Here's a still shot of the back:



Here's a slide show of close ups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_POE5wihAc

sorry...blogger wasn't cooperating to insert the actual video!  AAAHHH!


Here's a list of products used:

Recollections Paper
Making Memories Green Trim
Prima Flowers
Green Flowers from Paper Wishes
Tag by Paper Studio
Micheals $1 bin butterfly stamp
Susan Branch Brush Tip Markers - Pruple and Yellow(These are so old surprised they still work!!)
Purple Bling by Forever In Time
Chipboard
Miscellaneous trim/fibers(used on the tag)
Spellbinders Die

No comments:

Post a Comment